Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- A Friday afternoon/early evening on a city sidewalk, with friends, drinking local craft beer, playing cornhole.
- The response to last week’s Photo Friday.
- Sweet Husband. He cleaned the house and did the grocery shopping so there wasn’t really anything for me to do when I got home. Except laundry. There is always laundry.
- Unexpected messages from friends. I miss them.
- Allergy medication. The pollen is falling from the trees like so much dust in the wind. It is covering everything and making us miserable. I have a pretty good stock of medication, though, and it’s making everything better.
- Four-day work weeks. It’s only four days this week and four days next week. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
- Physical Therapy. I don’t like it but if it makes my shoulder feel better, I’m all for it.
- Opportunity. I know that’s coming. It’s around the corner. I can feel it.
That’s about it for me this week. What’s making your list?