Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Spring Break. I didn’t get anything done that was on my to-do list, but I get to spend some time with friends as well as rest. I guess my not tackling anything on my to-do list means that my body needed the rest.
- My Sweet Husband. He did not have spring break last week, but he was perfectly willing to let me go spend time with friends…and rest. I know he was expecting me to at least clean the house. Not a word from him, though. I think at one point he said, “It’s your spring break baby; you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to.” Only a tiny bit of the reason why I love him.
- Insurance. So far they have been handling everything beautifully. Within the next couple of days we should have the settlement on Josie, and I’ll be listening carefully to a new vehicle to determine what his or her name is.
- The parents. Both my Sner and SH’s parents. We’re really lucky to have such a wonderful family. Because the rental goes back tomorrow and we haven’t bought a new car yet, SH’s parents are going to let us borrow theirs.
- My doctor. He doesn’t take my insurance but he very patiently explains what my problem is and how it can be fixed. When I leave his office, I feel reassured and empowered.
- Sunshine. After it rained almost all last week and is scheduled to rain again starting tomorrow, the four days of sunshine have been wonderful. Today’s 81 degrees was outstanding. Spring has sprung…as evidenced by the pollen on the vehicles.
- Time with friends. We had a great time with our friends Saturday night. All the crawfish we could stuff ourselves with was a bonus.
- Photo Friday. Even though it didn’t happen this past week, I had people asking me where it was. That’s a good feeling.
These are the big things on my gratitude radar this week. For what have you been thankful? What was your moment during the week when you stopped and said, “Thank you”?