Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Time with friends. I took a road trip to Jackson (about 3 hours away) Sunday and got to spend time with two girlfriends that I love dearly…one of whom I haven’t seen in quite awhile. We got to hang out; I got to eat sushi and drink plum wine. I learned a lot about the AmeriCorps program, and I took a ton of photos. While I missed spending these precious days with Sweet Husband, it was great to spend time with my girlfriends.
- The Emergency Vet. Our kitten…who just so happens to be 13…had a mishap this past weekend. It wasn’t life-threatening, but it was a little stressful. We had to use the EVet because it happened on the weekend…just as our vet was ending their Saturday hours.
- Warmer temperatures. I’m not trying to jinx it, but I’m pretty sure that we’ve seen our last cold snap. I’m highly tempted to move the plants out on to the front porch, but Sweet Husband says to wait another week just to be sure. I’m ready for them to get back outside before they all die due to lack of light.
- Spring break. Thank god. There will be 9 more weeks of the school year when we go back. I can make it nine more weeks. There won’t be very many breaks – just Easter – but knowing that it’s almost done is a huge relief.
- Photography. I love it. I love playing around with my camera. I don’t always do a very good job of it, but I love the process. I love looking for the photos. I love playing with my camera. I’m looking forward to a lot of photography this weekend.
- Home. I’m home! I get to be home! While I’m not going to get to any of the projects that I thought I was going to, it doesn’t matter. Because I’m home! For a whole week. Did I mention I’m happy to be home this week?
- Shannon. My oldest and dearest friend. I love her for her huge heart and her generosity. I don’t do so hot at reciprocating it, but I love her.
- Improving health. I’m still coughing, and it doesn’t sound good. At. All. But I haven’t been feverish in quite awhile. My shoulder? I don’t really want to talk about it. It’s still painful (I’m making another doctor’s appointment this week and the next step is physical therapy).
- Rain. We have gotten an incredible amount in the last two days, but it makes for great sleeping weather, which is AWESOME because I’m on spring break this week and can sleep in! *happy booty shake*
For what are you thankful this week? What makes your gratitude list? I love hearing from y’all because it often reminds me of things that I’m thankful for…but didn’t think about the moment I was writing this post 😉