Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- My father-in-law. I know that it’s his job – he’s an insurance adjuster – but he’s really handling all the particulars of my accident. It’s not that I can’t handle it; it’s just that it’s nice to let someone else handle it.
- Good insurance. We found out today that the woman who hit me never filed a claim. According to Dad there are generally two reasons why it happens: forgot and didn’t actually have insurance. Whatever the reason, I’m glad that we are covered regardless…and that our insurance is very good.
- A fair evaluation of Josie. Today we got the total loss offer on Josie. I think it was very fair, given her age. I know that my Sweet Husband wanted more, but given her age, I think what we got is very fair.
- Medication. In addition to my shoulder, I’ve ben hit by the crud (hence why this post is happening Tuesday night rather than Tuesday morning). Medicine makes lots of things better.
- Spring break. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Three more days. I just have to get through two more days. Hallelujah.
- Time with girlfriends. I’m going to be getting to spend some time with long-lost friends over spring break.
- Income tax refunds. It’s already spent, but it’s so very nice to have it and know what it is going to do. One of those things is sushi…because it is so dang expensive.
- Jeans week. For a $10 donation to tornado disaster relief, I get to wear jeans to work all this week. Thank you.
- Orange-creamsicles. I don’t feel good, and it hit the spot.
You’ll have to forgive me; I am not thinking too clearly, which means my list is a bit on the short but specific side.
What makes your gratitude list this week? What are you grateful for this week?