Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- My colleagues. When I returned to work a week ago – sooner than I should have – there were so many people who came up to me, saying that they were praying for me and if there was anything I needed, anything they could do for me, to let them know. Every day, someone asks me how I am, how I’m feeling, what the latest news is. One of the wonderful things about living in the south is that sense of family and community that you almost can’t help but be a part of.
- My oldest, dearest BFF. My relationship with Shan is long – she reminded me yesterday that it’s been almost 27 years. And as soon as she heard about the accident, she was calling. She’s sent me lots of information to help with the claims process, and she sent a generous, lovely note. I’m grateful for her in ways that I can’t even begin to explain.
- Sweet Husband. He takes such good care of me – even when he was hurting himself. Our anniversary is a couple of months away, and I am constantly amazed hat I have such a sweet, good man to walk through this life with me.
- Tax refunds. It might not be exactly what we were hoping it would be, but it’s enough. It will do us well, ease some strain, give us a little bit of a treat. I think that’s really all I can ask of it.
- Spring Break. It’s 8 work days away now…three of which I will be out for training. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. I can do this. I can totally do this.
- My doctor. I love Dr. G. He’s not in my plan so I really need to find a new doctor, but I love Dr. G. He’s no-nonsense and compassionate. You can’t ask for much more than that in a doctor (& the fact that an office visit costs me $55? I can afford to go without him accepting my insurance).
- More participants in Photo Friday. I’m so excited about where this could go, and I’m really excited about the community that is forming around it.
- Speaking of community – the community I’m finding on Twitter. I love Twitter. I love the chats that happen there. I love the connections that spring up. I love it so much that I skipped my morning pages on Saturday because I realized there was a SITSGirls chat happening at the time I was ready to sit down and write 😉
- A gorgeous weekend. The weather was beautiful this weekend, and I was able to spend most of Saturday out on the front porch. As I drove along the beach Sunday, I noticed that not only were there lots and lots of people on the beaches, there were actually people in the the water. While it may have been near 70 Sunday, there is no way the water was warm yet. The weekend is even more precious as we are now entering another big chill.
(don’t mind my last year’s Christmas PJs. While it was warm, it wasn’t warm enough for just my gown and robe – it was definitely a morning for PJs)
That’s what is making my list this week. What’s on yours?