Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Vacation. It’s over now, but it was so good to have 2 weeks off and to get to spend most of them with my Sner. I only get to see her a couple of times a year (literally…twice a year), and it was lovely to have her here. I’m looking forward to when she’s here full-time…even though that is still several years in the offing.
- Two weeks with Sweet Husband. He really is the best husband ever. If he can do something to make me happier or to make things easier for me, he will. I miss him terribly during the work week so getting to spend two whole weeks with him was lovely. Did I mention he didn’t make me take down the Christmas tree because he knows how sad it makes me?
- A brief visit home. Sner and I made a quick trip to MO before Christmas, and we got to see the GrandSner. I also got to see one of the long-time BFFs…whom I do not talk to nearly enough. I didn’t take any pictures this trip – I don’t want to remember her that way and since the BFF wasn’t well, I didn’t snap any pictures of her either. Still…good to see them.
- Friends. We had a great time New Years Eve. I’m sad that Mississippi State did not win her bowl game, but we really enjoyed the party that happened after the game. We don’t get to host our friends too very often, and I’m not the biggest party person, but it was really a very good time.
- Routine. Writing and coffee. Coffee and writing. Hello my old friends. It is so nice of you to visit again. I’ve missed you.
- Direction. I still have quite a bit to do in order to be fully prepared for the year to come, but I feel really good about the plans I have in place right now. They feel right, and I am cautiously very optimistic.
- Fat Mum Slim Photo-a-Day. Chantelle has changed the format a little bit this year, and I’m loving it! I know it is only the 6th day of the month, but this is farther into it than I’ve gotten in the past. I’m looking forward to completing it week-by-week. I think that sometimes I get bogged down in seeing the really big picture, and breaking this down into even more bite-sized morsels gives me a chance to really wrap my head around it.
- Friends. Both those in-the-flesh and those out there in the interwebs. I know some wonderful people 😉
Those are the things that top my list this week. What about you? For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? I hope they are all outstanding!