Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Time with Friends and Family. We had a lovely weekend, and it was really nice to spend time with folks that we don’t see all that often. While I don’t necessarily enjoy being away from my home on the weekends since I can’t be there during the week, I was happy to make the bargain because we had such a pleasant time with people we care about.
- Weekend plans. We’re headed to Mardi Gras this coming weekend for our third annual Saturday-before-Mardi-Gras with the Strongs! I’m thankful that Shelby’s family is so welcoming and accommodating and allows us to join in on their party. We always have such a wonderful time!
- Sweet Husband. When I hear other people talk about their marriages, I give thanks for my marriage. I don’t know if it’s that we are older or as SH points out, we are older and have a unique set of skills and experience that we bring to the table (him with mental health, me with cognitive coaching) or that we are just people pleasers who can’t stand to have other folks upset with us. Whatever, we have an incredibly peaceful relationship. And I’m grateful. There is a great deal of truth to the adage of choosing your mate carefully – a marriage can be a great asset or a tremendous hinderance. I know where we fall.
- Photo Friday. Last week was the first link-up, and I’m so happy about the response. I can’t wait to see it grown, and I’m grateful to those who joined in. Special thanks to Kathy, Jess, Kate, Jess, and Pam. I’m ready to do it all again in just a couple of days, and I hope that more folks will be joining us!
- Community and connection. It’s kinda hard to believe that it’s taken me this long to find my “tribe” – my group of people. And the awesome thing is that I’m finding more and more of them every day.
- The Sner. Outside of my SH, she’s my biggest supporter. Can’t thank her enough for all she does!
- Gorgeous weather. It was breathtakingly beautiful on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Sunday. There were people laying on the beach in bathing suits, and there were even a few folks who were out there in the water. The sun was bright, the sky was achingly blue with those high thin clouds, and it made you wish for an afternoon under an umbrella with a boat drink in your hand.
- King cake. It’s available year ’round, but there’s something about the Mardi Gras season that makes it extra special. I usually make a couple of king cakes during the season but life has gotten away from me this year. I’m sorta missing it – wish I would have done it – because I make a good one.
That’s what is making my list this week. What is on your list this week? What blessings are you counting?