Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- A good weekend. I really, really didn’t want it to end. It was that good.
- Time with friends. We spent time this weekend with different groups of friends, and it was so very incredibly nice. Every time we spend time together, I think, “Why don’t we do this more often?” We don’t live that far apart – why is it that we go months without seeing each other?
- Sweet Husband. His motto is often, “Whatever my baby wants, my baby gets.” This weekend he was generous and kind and accommodating. He breaks my heart a little when he tells me things like, “You know we’re going small for Christmas, but if you want something else, I’ll get it for you. If you think what I’m getting isn’t enough, I’ll get you something else.” There’s such a desire there to make me happy – do whatever it takes. I learned long ago that I needed to be careful because if I told him I wanted something, he would get it for me. He loves me, and that’s more than enough.
- Winter Break. It’s coming. Three more days. All will be beautiful if we get to leave shortly after the children do (children have a 60% day). There’s a lot I need to do to get ready for the Sner’s arrival.
- …which brings up The Sner’s arrival! My mom gets in this Friday…very, very late. We only get to see each other a couple of times a year. She stays for two weeks when she comes, and it’s never long enough.
- The Fat Mum Slim Gift Exchange. My gift has arrived and the gift I sent is well on its way. It’s so exciting to make those connections around the world.
It’s a short list this week, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t full. The things on the list this week are HUGE for me, so I’ll take fewer, more meaningful things.
How about you? What blessings are you counting this week? For what are you grateful? Share them with us!