Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Savings. I went to the doctor last night about my spider bite, and I’m glad that Sweet Husband had just been paid and we had a little in the savings account. I don’t really know how people in this country manage. If our politicians truly want to do something that will help most of us, figure out how to make health care truly affordable. Everyone having insurance isn’t the answer because I have insurance and yesterday’s total with my prescriptions is almost $400. The doctor told me to anticipate another visit that may be equally as expensive. How do people afford that?
- Sweet Husband. Who just said, “it’s only money” and who has been worried about me. We had a good weekend together – because he decided that we would. And I love him for it.
- Kat McNally & August Moon 14. We’re all done now, but I really appreciated the chance to do the work that was involved in the process. It came at the exact moment that I needed it.
- The Sner. She helped out this past week. It was greatly appreciated.
- Muddy Boots Ranch. They opened themselves up and allowed a bunch of us from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Photography Club to come out and take pictures this past weekend.
- Friends. I’ve got some really, really good ones. I’m grateful.
- Vacation. We have a 3 day weekend coming up. We don’t have a ton of plans, but it’s at least I’ll be home an extra night with SH.
- Good students and supportive staff. Not going to lie – it’s been a rough week at alternative school, but there are bright spots and for that I give thanks.
- Slightly cooler temperatures. After last week’s terrible heat indices, even just a few degrees cooler is a relief.
- Sweet puppies. I mentioned in the Weekend Unwind post that I think we spent the best $7 ever on the puppies’ “rufferee” shirts. I’m still giggling over their incredible cuteness. I love them so much!
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!