Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- It’s not Monday. We had Open House yesterday, which means I was at school for 12 hours. Never a good time.
- Good times with Good Friends. I loved getting to see my princess this weekend! It has been entirely too long since we have seen each other and way too long since we had that much fun together. I cannot wait to do it all again.
- Sweet Husband. I missed him terribly this weekend while he was gone, and I was so glad that he was home again. Or that he was at his parents’ when I made the journey north Sunday night.
- Independence. I am beyond relieved that SH loves and trusts me enough to not be threatened by my pursuits and desires – that I can go and do the things I want and need to do, have a life that is separate from his and from our marriage – and that be OK. After being on my own for so long, I don’t know that I could function well in a relationship where we were had to be constantly totally and completely in synch. I value the fact that we are different…and that he didn’t insist I join him. I needed the time on my own, and he honors that.
- #AugustMoon14. This is exactly what I needed right this moment. Truly. And I’m grateful.
- The beginnings of a plan.
- Work. I’m not where I want to be, but I will be eventually. This place I find myself now is where I need to be, and I’m embracing it for everything that it is and isn’t.
- Cooler weather. It hasn’t been as unbearably hot and there have been a few moments when it sorta felt like fall was on the way. Soon it will be hot again, but I’m enjoying not sweating to death right now.
For what are you thankful and grateful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!