Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- As always, my Sweet Husband. We had a great weekend, and it could have been a really hard weekend for me. All of our friends and their babies were over. Generally, I can handle one baby. When there gets to be more than one, it gets really, really hard for me. Before everyone arrived, he held me and told me that he didn’t want me to be upset this weekend – he wanted me to have as much fun as he would, and that I needed to remember he loved me, regardless and that whatever our fates our supposed to be, they will be. It doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy these moments with these precious little people.
- Opportunity. I had a good interview, and I’m cautiously optimistic. I am not getting my hopes up because every time I do that, I wind up disappointed. But. I felt good and reassured when I left. We’ll see where it leads.
- Work. I have to keep reminding myself that I am fortunate to have a job – one that pays relatively well in the grand scheme of things. I spent today getting my classroom ready, and children come tomorrow. I’m not ready, and I don’t truly want to be where I am, but I’m going to be giving it the absolute best that I can. I owe it to myself, those kids, and my colleagues.
- My colleagues. I work with a great, supportive group of people. Today we were laughing and joking and helping each other get ready. They are wonderful people who do a really hard job.
- My in-laws. They truly are the best. I have a home-away-from-home, and I am grateful that they make this work that I’m doing possible by giving me a place to stay and caring for me while I’m here. I couldn’t ask for better.
- Friends’ confidence in my abilities. I’ve got a lot to learn about photography, but my friends believe in my ability to get things done. I’m honored by their trust and faith.
- A clear head. Last week was a bad, bad, bad, bad week. I felt like hell most of the week. I’m better now, and I’m extremely thankful for that.
- Time with friends. One of my favorites came to hang out with us this weekend, and it was so very good to see her.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!