Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Being home. There is something magical about being able to be in my own home, sleeping in my own bed, writing on my own porch, doing things at my leisure. It is so very good to be home with my puppies and my Sweet Husband.
- Sweet Husband. He’s very, very patient with me. I frequently am not the easiest person to get along with (and to be fair, he has his moments as well). He wants me to be happy and if it’s within his power, he’s doing it.
- Family. Have I mentioned how wonderful my in-laws are? Because they are awesome. We were able to spend a few days at a beach house on Florida’s Forgotten Coast with them – at their expense – because they knew we’d just spent a ton of money on our brand new dryer. It was nice to get away with nothing more pressing to do than walk to the beach and sink into the beach chair. I’m pretty blessed with the family that I married into.
- Summer. Not gonna lie – the think that I enjoy most about having taught this last year is that I am now free this summer. I missed being off the last two summers. I’m going to miss it again if I leave education.
- A clean house. Bless SH’s heart, he did the best he could at cleaning the house, there were lots of things that he missed. Everything is presentable right now, but I’ve got to get down and dirty this week by scrubbing walls (Dogs are dirty and gross…particularly if one of them is a bulldogge and gets his slobber all over the place) and emptying out closets and cabinets.
- Holidays. The Fourth is coming up. The parents are coming down, and we might have some friends joining us as well. I’ve put together a menu, and I’m excited to begin putting things together. I think the salads (macaroni and potato) will get made on Wednesday and then maybe I’ll start on the desserts.
- Opportunity. I continue to remain hopeful and optimistic. Good things are coming this way.
For what are you grateful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!