Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Half a day left with children; one more day of work after that.
- Being forced to get my grades done.
- Time spent with friends.
- An afternoon on the beach with Sweet Husband
- Sweet Husband, who is cleaning the house and working on making sure that all is ready for the Sner’s arrival on Thursday.
- The Sner, who is arriving on Thursday for two weeks. Our first week is going to be very, very busy with a trip to Missouri and Nashville planned.
- Clearance plants. We picked up 5 bulbine plants (we’ve been waiting on those for awhile now) and 12 salvia plants. I’m hoping that the smaller salvia plants are going to be enough to pretty much finish off the blue and purple bed. The clearance plants make me a happy girl.
- Clean furbabies. We washed both puppies and the kitty yesterday. They are clean, and hopefully the fleas will be gone soon.
- Rest. I’m tired and in need. I got a little rest this weekend, but I could use a little more.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?