Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and engage in thanksgiving for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Time with friends. We really enjoyed our friends and getting to spend time with them on Saturday. We’ve got some great plans for time with friends during the upcoming holiday weekend, and I’m so very thankful for that.
- Order and cleanliness. It’s a good thing and helps me think more clearly.
- The last Monday of the year. It was yesterday. Thank GOD.
- Sweet Husband’s feeling better. He wasn’t feeling so hot on Sunday and was still struggling on Monday.
- Sleep. I got out of my routine, and Sunday night I didn’t get to bed until after 12:00…which is not good considering that I needed to be up no later than 4:00. Yesterday afternoon’s nap and last night’s sleep are making a world of difference.
- Hope. I have been quite confused about where I’m headed lately, but I’m feeling hopeful and peaceful about what might or might not happen in the next couple of months.
- Summer. It’s been cool the last couple of days, but I’m ready for summer time – working in the yard on weekend mornings and then heading to the beach for the afternoons. I’m ready for splitting a cooler of beverages with SH and then coming home for a sleepy, sweet evening at home.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!