Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- The Sner’s visit. She leaves to go home tomorrow, and two weeks has seemed so incredibly short. But she’s been here, and we’ve spent the time together. I’m ot sure that I could ask for more, and I’m extremely grateful that we get this time. I wish there were more of it, but I’ll take what I can get when I can get it.
- Sweet Husband. We’re wrapping up week two of summer break and we haven’t spent a lot of time together. Because I’ve been spending most of my time with the Sner and because she and I were off traveling for a good bit of the time. He’s been patient and kind and understanding, although I know that he’s ready for us to spend some real time together.
- Enough. I just got done paying some bills and tomorrow my birthday pressie gets delivered: a brand new dryer. It wasn’t what I wanted, but it will do. I’m thankful that we have enough money to pay the bills and do the things we want without worrying too much. (I worry a lot and paying the bills is one of the things that I worry about, but at the same time, I know that it’s OK. We’re OK. It’s going to be OK)
- The front porch. I’ve been sitting out there in the mornings to get my morning pages done, and I absolutely love the space that we’re creating out there. I still need a twin mattress so I can get the daybed finished, and Sweet Husband still needs to get a table for the upper level done. But it’s a lovely, tranquil, relaxing place. I got the latest round of rescue plants and nursery-born plants in pots, and I’ve done some organizing so it’s an even more inviting place.
- Creation. I haven’t been writing or taking pictures, but during this time with the Sner, I’ve crocheted a couple of things and today the Sner and I have done some sewing. I’ve got some ideas of what I want to do in the next couple of weeks; the question becomes when I’m going to ensure that I’m getting it done.
- Opportunity. I sent off a resume and a letter of interest for a position that I think would be pretty perfect for me. I to a reply today saying they were reviewing it. I hope that bodes well. I’ve emailed an updated resume to the head-hunters. While it seems like this is a process that is moving infinitely slowly, I am grateful for the bits of hope that keep me moving along, even if nothing actually comes of it. Hope is an important thing.
- Crab legs. It’s a birthday week. I’ve had crab legs twice in four days. I am a happy, happy girl.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!