Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Forgiveness. I’m not always the easiest person to live with, and sometimes I can be downright ugly. But Sweet Husband understands and is patient and forgiving. It’s not to say that I occasionally I don’t have reason to be a tad bit on the snaggly side; it’s to say that when I am, my sweetheart loves me enough to quickly move past it and get on with the rest of our lives.
- The best mother-in-law ever. She took me to Jazzfest this weekend to see the Boss. I saw him play there in 2006, the year after Katrina and his performance was like being at church. This year’s performance was like being being on fire – at points literally. It was hot and sweaty out there, and Bruce and the band put on an amazing show. It was a great day, and I had a blast.
- Opportunity. I’m looking for jobs that will get me home, and it seems that opportunities come when I’m looking for them. It feels like things are lining up to bring me home; I hope that’s what’s happening.
- Summertime. We spent the first afternoon of the season on the beach. I’m ready for afternoons on the beach. It’s the perfect way to relax and unwind and figure out what’s important.
- Bills. It’s a strange thing for which to be thankful, but having bills means that the universe believes that we can pay them. And that’s true. We can. Things might be a little tight for a little while, but we’ll be OK. No worries on this end. We’ve enjoyed the experiences that those bills have provided, and I don’t mind paying for them.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!