Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. Who puts up with my crazy friends and crazy me and doesn’t complain about it too often, even when I’m being spectacularly bitchy about it. He really does have the patience of a saint, and I’m about the luckiest girl on the planet.
- Friends. We had a great time with my (now our) friends in New Orleans this weekend. Even the off-the-wallness. It’s wonderful to have people who will drive 10 hours to spend time with you.
- New Orleans. How lucky am I that it’s Right. There. I mean, seriously. I cannot wait to be back there in two weeks to leisurely explore it and take in the pieces of it that we don’t normally get a chance to see because we’re focused on the party on Bourbon Street. I know there’s much more to the city than that, and I’m excited that Sweet Husband and I will have a chance to do our thing together.
- My camera. I shot in manual all weekend, and while it was frustrating, and there’s still so much to learn, it felt rewarding to be shooting “like a professional”.
- My to-do list. Or rather crossing things off of it.
- Rain. While a little less of it would have been appreciated, it’s washed away some of the pollen, and that is a very, very good thing.
- Good dogs. While we were away this weekend, they were extremely sweet and well-behaved. Proud of them and their sweet selves.
- Good hair. When you had hair like I had as a kid, you appreciate when it does what its supposed to do and makes you look half-way decent.
- Good make-up. I think most days I’m getting out the door looking decent, and I’m loving that I’m doing it in about 7 minutes.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting?