Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Spring. While I really, really didn’t appreciate getting out into the yard and actually doing the yard work this weekend, and while it about broke my heart to pull all of the dead plants out of the pots on the porch, it is undeniable that warmer weather is here and that lush beauty is just around the corner. Sweet Husband and I are about to enter the season where we will be spending most of our Saturday mornings working to beautify the yard. In a home we rent. Because it’s important to us to live in a place that looks nice.
- Sweet Husband. I won’t lie. I was a little irritated this weekend, but I also know that he does the best he can, and when he knows that something bothers me, he does his best to fix it. When he can do something to help me, he does. I’m extremely fortunate in that he is my husband and we are together. I don’t know what I would do without him in my life. He’s not feeling well right now, and I wish I were home to take care of him.
- Completed projects. It feels good to have my part of the dressers done. Now I can move on to other projects that are on the list and have been for quite some time. Stuff needs to get done.
- Baseball. I’ve missed it. I have so, so, so missed it. I am a bit bummed that we do not have a game today. That means that I will need to find a different game to listen to this afternoon when I go for my walk (yes – I love it that much. It doesn’t really matter who is playing. Just as long as it’s not the Yankees).
- Granny’s health. She’s feeling much better, which is a very good thing. She and I had a lovely talk yesterday when I got home from work.
- A new month. I know that we can start again any time we want – that we don’t have to wait for symbolic dates to begin working on our goals again. But having something like the First of the Month gives a resetting of goals and intentions a little bit of an extra push, and as I sat this morning writing out my intentions for the month, I realized that there is a whole lot that I want (and need) to accomplish this month. I’m excited for all that is possible in the glow of a new month.
- Friends. We will be spending this weekend in New Orleans with my friends Kristi and Keenan from Louisville! I can’t wait to see them! Should be a ton of fun.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting?