Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. He was wonderful this weekend with his Granny who was in the hospital. He has such a gentle and compassionate soul. I’m reminded again that I’m lucky to be married to him. He’s a great man. Not without his flaws, but a great man nonetheless. Don’t know what I’d do without him.
- The Sner. I got to talk to her for an hour or so Sunday, which was really good. What’s even better is that she’s coming to visit for two weeks at the beginning of June, AND I asked her to look for some cheap fabric for me at her super-duper cheap fabric source (no hurry), which she went right out and did and knocked it out of the park.
- Family. Sweet Husband and I were here with his parents this weekend, and I was reminded again how nice it is to be around family.
- Puppy dogs. It’s rare that I get to snuggle with my Cobbie dog anymore since she has claimed Sweet Husband as hers, but after she got a bath on Sunday and since her daddy had gone to the Coast to get some work done, she and I curled up in the bed together and took a little nap. There’s not much better than a nap with a puppy doggie. I love that little girl who is growing older.
- Awesome Co-Workers. I was out yesterday, and they picked up the slack. And today when things got a wee bit hairy, they were all there, without a moment’s thought about it. While I may not love everything about my job, I do certainly love the people I work with. They make my job much, much easier to do.
- Health. Granny appears to be on the mend, and today, the arthritis that made walking painful yesterday is easing. It’s a good reminder to not take things for granted.
- Spring. I hate the pollen. I hate the yellow that is coating everything, but the upside is that all of the lovely flowers are starting to bloom. Including another of my favorites – the wisteria. It’s gorgeous and it smells heavenly.