Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- As always and ever, Sweet Husband. On Sunday when I was fighting with my WordPress account, trying to get everything figured out and being incredibly frustrated by the whole thing – crying – he just sat on the couch next to me, hand on my thigh at points, arm around my shoulder at others. He couldn’t do anything to help me, but he was there, and somehow with him there, giving me comfort, I was able to figure out a way to make things work. Funny how that works, isn’t it? And then when it was all over, he told me to go ahead and order that spare battery I needed for my BGC since Nikon no longer supports third-party batteries. I’m extremely blessed.
- Good times with good people. Did I mention that we had a ton of fun on Saturday? The whole weekend, really.
- Warmer temperatures. I said this last week, I think, and while the temperatures have dropped and it’s actually quite nasty weather out right now (I’m glad I’m not at a parade with Sweet Husband), the beautiful weather will soon be back. I cannot wait for that. Starting tomorrow but really Thursday, they will be on the way back up again. I can’t wait. It will make my Spring Break plans all that much easier to accomplish if there is gorgeous weather.
- Enough. It’s nice to not have to worry about the state of our bank account. We’re well on our way to being comfortable in many ways, but I recognize that we’re just an unexpected expense away from being in a tight spot. It is nice, though, to be able to do things like go to New Orleans for the Mardi Gras, or order a spare battery for my BGC, or book an anniversary trip.
- Progress. I feel like I’m getting places. Maybe. Possibly.
- Family. Even with it’s messy and difficult and uncomfortable, it’s still a really, really good thing.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?