There are many benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, and to that end, I take Tuesdays to count my many blessings and be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life.
This week I’m grateful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. I gush about him a whole lot, don’t I? He really is the best. When I need him to be wonderful and amazing, he is. I’m so very lucky.
- Sunshine. It was a gorgeous weekend, and while we have a threat of severe weather coming later in the week, I’m grateful for blue skies, warmer temperatures, and the world beginning to think about turning green again.
- Baseball. Pitchers and catchers reported last week. Baseball is coming. It will soon be time again for the boys of summer, hot dogs and beer, tight pants and lazy afternoons spent listening to games.
- Careful budgeting. It’s that time of the month when all of the big bills are due, and it’s a relief to know that there’s not just enough in the bank accounts but there is more than enough. Along with that, Sweet Husband and I have been adhering to the $5 savings plan. Since the beginning of the year, we’ve managed to save almost $200 just by tossing our change and five dollar bills (as well as a few miscellaneous bills we decided we could do without) into change bottle. We think we will be using that for our anniversary trip in April.
- Focus. I’ve been crossing things off my to-do list on a regular basis. It feels good to be getting things accomplished and to be heading in a good direction.
- Rest. I’ve been getting quality rest lately and it makes a huge difference in the way that I approach the rest of my life.
For what are you grateful this week? What blessings are you counting?