Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to give thanks for all the wonderful things in my life.
This week I’m counting the following blessings:
- The Sner! She arrives tonight! Haven’t seen her since Labor Day, which was an extremely fast visit. She will be staying for two whole weeks, and I’m so excited! That will be long enough for her to rest, me to rest, and us to have some fun. And maybe, just maybe, she can help me with a few little projects 😉 Like new drapes for the house. Since my puppies ate our blinds last night. Which brings me to the next item on the list…
- Sweet Husband. He had a mess to clean up yesterday, which came after a long day at work and he tackled it like a champ. He’s also tackling cleaning our house this week…in anticipation of the Sner’s arrival. We had a great weekend and he put up Christmas lights outside for me. Simply because he knows how much I love them. Doesn’t get much better than that.
- Sweet puppies. While I love them both, I have to say I love my Cobbie a little more (she was mine before we got married. We’ve seen the country together. She moved with me. She’s been my constant companion). Yesterday was a bad day for her, which makes me just want to snuggle her. For all the times she snuggled me when I had a bad day. Or a bad month. And I suppose I’d like to snuggle with Bourbon too. As long as he didn’t take up the whole bed and kept his tongue to himself.
- Short shopping lists. I ventured out briefly yesterday. It’s crazy out there. I’m glad there’s not a whole lot left to get.
- Family. We’ve got the best. Whatever we need, whenever we need, they are there for us.
- Friends. Those who allow us to comfort them when they hurt and those who provide the comfort when we hurt.
- Gift exchanges! That reminds me that I’ve got to get a gift sent off this week.
- Awesome co-workers. It’s no secret that I’m working in a rough school. I work with some caring and compassionate folks, though, people who are supportive and who have my back when I need them. I couldn’t really ask for a better transition back to the classroom.
- Decent evaluations. It wasn’t as great as I’d have liked it to be, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been given how things went down.
- Christmas lights. What’s not to love?
- A gorgeous full moon.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting as we prepare for Christmas?