Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to remind myself of all the wonderful things in my life.
This week I am thankful for the following:
- All of these sweet new babies in our life! While I feel the pang that it isn’t us and it may never be us, I can still be joyful at the thought that there are these sweet things all around us, giving us the opportunity to dream and imagine and if we are not so blessed, to be a part of their lives.
- Sweet Husband. Even when he is sick and cranky, he’s still the best thing in my life.
- Family. I’ve got a good one.
- My background. The more I listen to my students talk, the more I am saddened and left wondering how in the world we are going to ever be able to make a difference. It was rough in my family growing up, and there are still places that are too dark to look. But my parents weren’t driving me to fights and threatening to kill anyone who got involved. Or punching me. Or whipping me. Or leaving me alone for days at a time when I was too young to hand it by myself. As hard as growing up poor in southwest Missouri was, I still knew that people loved me and cared about me and wanted me to do well.
- Community. I’m working on moving outside of my comfortable circle and expanding. So far, I’ve found some incredible people, and I’m excited about where life goes from here.
- Connection. I’ve missed my friends, and I’m looking to be more involved with them.
- Allergy medication.
- The light in the morning. I miss it at night, but I’m so very grateful for it in the morning.
- Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer. Always and forever, my favorite.
- DVR. So Sweet Husband and I can watch Sons of Anarchy together.
- Paychecks. I got my first one at the end of last week, and I’d so missed it!
- Supportive administration.
- Time with friends.
- Fall fires.
- Flowers that still bloom.
What about you? For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting?