Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to count my blessings and take stock of all the wonderful things in my life.
This week I’m grateful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. The last two days have been his only couple of days of summer break. He was looking forward to doing nothing, but things didn’t quite turn out the way he planned. He’s a good sport, though, and he rolled with the punches. As I continue to be in the weeds, he has been incredibly sweet and supportive.
- My Sner and her boy. While she won’t be able to make it to see me this month as was originally planned, they’re doing an incredible job of getting the Jeep ready for me to bring back across the country.
- Old friends. When I bring the Jeep back home, I’ll have the chance to visit with each of the three women who have known me the longest and best. I’m so very excited to see them. I haven’t seen Amber and Shannon since my wedding, and it’s been even longer since I’ve seen Cari. I can’t wait!
- New friends. The last couple of weeks I’m having a lot of fun.
- Mentors. I’ve reconnected with some important folks from my past, and I’m really glad for those renewed connections. I need that belief and positivity right now.
- Challenge. Every once in awhile it’s good to be pushed outside of your comfort zone, and I’m glad for the opportunity to flex my muscles just a little bit.
How about you? For what are you grateful this wee? In what ways are you counting your blessings?