Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause once a week and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to take Tuesdays and make them my highlight reel.
This week the following are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. He’s really upping his game lately. He’s totally bought in to this getting healthier kick that we are on, and he is supportive of whatever it is that I want to do. He asks me if I’ve gotten my steps in, and when I’m out getting my steps in, he’s doing things like making outstanding, healthful dinners. Beyond that, though, I’m so proud of him for trying new things. I know it’s not easy, and I know this process is difficult. We are, though, making progress together.
- Friends. We got to spend time with several of our different friends this weekend. And while those gatherings weren’t the easiest for me, our friends are incredibly kind and sensitive.
- Family. We also spent time with family this weekend. I think we were out at the fire pit until 2:00 in the morning. Drinking, talking, laughing until we cried.
- This life. I don’t know how many times I said to SH this weekend, “We have a good life…a really good life.” It is incredibly true. I feel like I need to pinch myself most days. We are not without our troubles, but in the grand scheme of things, our troubles are minuscule. We got to spend time in New Orleans; we ate some incredible food and had some excellent drinks. I don’t know what more you could ask for in a good life.
- Big Dreams. I keep talking about the rebranding, but it is getting closer. Within the next week, I’ll have the new logo and brand materials. That means that I will begin work in earnest on the massive amount of work that will have to be done in order to make the switch to the new site. I’m taking part in Daniela Uslan’s 10 Day Blog Make-Over Challenge, and while we are only on Day One, I’m already feeling excited about where it’s gone. I have a clear mission statement based on the work from Day One, and I’m excited about the clarity that is coming.
- A Three-Day Weekend. Oh man. Our weekend was packed, and we really needed this extra day to recover. Nothing that I planned to do actually got done, but that’s OK too. I bought new pants; I got my steps in; we spent time with family. All good enough.
- Sunday/Monday night rituals. I won’t lie. I kinda really hate Sunday (or in this case Monday) nights. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy my job. In the new year, I’ve been working on ways to make that transition back to the work-week life a little easier. I get in the therapy tub and soak for a minute. I make sure the coffee and breakfast are ready for the next morning. And I have a small glass of a something smooth and tasty. Then I’m ready to head to bed and wake up rested and ready for the work week.
- Future Plans. Even though it’s more than two months away, one of my Kentucky friends is coming for a visit! I cannot wait! I’ve been away from Louisville for almost five years, and while the distance isn’t insurmountable, visits are few and far between which is understandable. But I can’t wait!
I hope that you’ve had a good week and that your 2016 is off to a fantastic start. I feel like I need to pinch myself 😉 For what are you grateful this week? Let me know in the comments!