Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause once a week and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to take Tuesdays and make them my highlight reel.
This week the following are making the list:
- Time with Girlfriends. As one of my NGoH’s said, she saw me more when I lived 9 hours away. Some how life gets busy, and we don’t make time to get together. Not everyone was able to make it even though we made the plans 2 months ago, but still – for those who did, it was a great night.
- The Lewis Lights. It’s a small family operation. I think it’s actually two older ladies. They don’t charge but do accept donations. It’s quite the display. I love looking at Christmas lights. It’s one of my very favorite things…next to watching fireworks. That people take the time to put up such displays – go to such expense – to bring joy to others makes me incredibly happy.
- Sweet Husband. I know I say that I’m grateful for him every week, but this weekend gave me an even better perspective on it. I watch other relationships; I listen to other people talk about their relationships; I hear the way people talk to each other. And I am so very thankful for my low-stress, no-drama relationship. And he helped me finish few projects this weekend too…going so far as to buy me my own power tool. And then he told me I could have the lens I want as well as the Clarisonic. But I’ve decided that both are too much. So. The lens will wait.;)
- Christmas break. It’s here! It’s finally here! Thank you.
- Progress. We’ve owned our home 6 months now. As we finish projects, it feels like we’re getting much closer to having things the way we want them. The living room is essentially done. The office is almost done. The spare room is almost done. SH is getting started on projects for the kitchen/dining room and the bedroom.
- The weather. It’s been absolutely gorgeous here. I’m talking 80 degree days. In December. You can’t ask for better
- My work and colleagues. I work with some great people, and we’re all on the same page, which makes my job so much easier.
- $12.50 crab leg buffets. I’m not sure why we didn’t always know this, but we discovered last week that one of the better casino seafood buffets is half price Mon – Friday. I see date night happening much more frequently.
That’s what’s making my list this week. What about yours? Let me know in the comments!