Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for the many blessings in my life.
- Sweet Husband. I feel like I say this all the time, but he’s really a great guy. We had a lovely weekend, and he understood my rough day yesterday, giving me the space to sort myself out. Tonight, even though he had a ton of things to get done for school, he spent quite a bit of time building That Stupid Little One (TSLO for short AKA Blackberry) a perch for her window. She’s a sweet kitty, but she’s not very bright. Recently she moved from the window over the desk to the other office window. About once every two hours poor TSLO falls out of the window. So, the answer was to build her a perch. I think he did a pretty a fantastic job for our sweet girl.
- Long-distance friendships that endure across the miles. Tomorrow a Louisville friend arrives, and I can’t wait to see her! Can’t believe it’s been over 2 years since I left and 2 years since I last saw her.
- White vinegar. Strange thing for which to be thankful, but with Cobbie’s recent trauma, we’ve had to use it a whole lot. I also used it tonight as part of my cleaning routine, and I was reminded how effectively it works to clean up things like the Bourbon slobber on that somehow made it on the wall, almost to the ceiling. How does that happen? *sigh*
- A comfortable home that will nicely host our guests. While it won’t be exactly what I want it to be – we won’t yet have our new couches, not everything I want to be up on the walls will be up on the walls, the spare room won’t have everything in it that I want it to have – it is comfortable and actually quite nice. As I was cleaning it this evening, I was thinking that it really is a nice house. We can be comfortable here for a long time if that’s what we choose.
- Writing. On June 24, I started a new writer’s notebook. It’s over half full now. I’m getting to be part of some incredible networks, supporting some incredible work. I’m so thankful for all of that.
- Cobbie. I think she’s starting to feel better. Fewer accidents and more regular toileting. I need to knock on wood, but I think she may be about to make her way over the hump.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?
One of my greatest blessings is those of you follow me and check in to read on a regular basis. If you’re not already a subscriber, please consider doing so. There are several ways to follow me, all of them listed in the right sidebar. I greatly appreciate it!