Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for the many blessings in my life.
- I am home way before 6:00. I actually left work before 5:00, and I don’t feel bad about it. It’s been a long couple of days, and while I haven’t done even a fraction of most of the work, being told by my boss’s boss to go home was enough for me to go. Momma didn’t raise a fool, so when I was told I could go, I left. And I’m fine with that. There’s still work to be done, but it will be there tomorrow. Just like it will be there Monday when I get back from our vacation.
- I work with an incredible group of women. We got handed a ton of work last week, and it all got done on very short notice. Long hours, lots of stress, and cooperation saw it through. I’m lucky that I work with these people who take such pride in their work and care so much that it gets done. I can’t imagine doing this job without them.
- Opportunity. I mentioned it last week, but I’m really feeling like things are coming together. I’m still not willing to reveal all the cards in my hand, but one of them will come up tonight. I’m so very excited about where I might be headed.
- Vacation! I’ve got to make it through tomorrow, and I’m good. We have a good fourth planned before we are bound for “our” beach – the place where Sweet Husband proposed and where we love spending time. We’re going to be chilling at an Alabama concert Friday night and then relaxing.
- Cooler temperatures. There’s a front or something blowing through and it has cooled things off. I’m not sure what it is, but I’ll take it. Given how oppressive the temperatures will soon be, I will most certainly take it.
- Friends. Shortly, hopefully, friends that I haven’t seen since I moved home from Louisville will be visiting. I cannot wait! It will be great to see them again…and to have a good time together 😉
- Feet that aren’t swollen! It might require a daily diuretic for the rest of my life, but I’ll take it because…my feet aren’t swollen! (and I have super hero blue toes than
For what are you grateful this week? What blessings are you counting?