Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Family. This weekend was Sweet Husband’s birthday & the family was down to celebrate. Love having them around.
- Friends. To go along with family, we had a houseful of people to wish him a happy birthday, & I was grateful for all those who came to enjoy the day with us.
- Sweet Husband. Although he was a bit of a pain with the whole, “It’s my birthday,” pleading, he’s still the best I know. I wouldn’t want to make this journey with anyone else. He watered the plants for me last night so all is good 😉
- Community. There are some lovely folks who are stepping up to provide guest posts while I am recovering from my shoulder surgery, & there are even a few more that I’m excited about asking to participate & help a girl out. I’m not sure how long of a recovery in expected to have at this point but I’m glad to know that we will we covered here regardless.
- Cooler temperatures. The AC in our house isn’t working right now. We were able to open the windows last night & cool things off a bit, which was welcomed relief.
- A home warranty. I’m not sure what we would do if we had to pay for the repair to the AC ourself. If you are buying a house – insist on a home warranty.
I hope that you’ve had a good week and that a whole world of blessings has fallen on your shoulders. Let me hear about a few of them in the comments!