Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Making new friends. We made our way to Pensacola this past weekend to ostensibly spend some time on the beach but it stormed so no beach for us. We were also there to meet up with one of Sweet Husband’s oldest friends. I’d never met him or his fiancé before so it was nice to hear the stories and get caught up.
- Photo Friday link-up. You guys! It’s growing and I am so very grateful. Last week was the most participants ever. We are building such a great community. Everyone shares such wonderful images and is so supportive of each other. It really is a highlight of my week.
- My job. I am so thankful to be able to come home each night. The job is OK, and I’m sure that I will be doing some good work there – I feel like it’s a place to make a difference. Right now everything is pretty laid back and easy but I know that will change soon. When it does, I’ll be able to come home to my bed, Sweet Husband, my puppies, my massaging therapy tub. All of that is a gift and a blessing.
- Sweet Husband. He spent his last day of summer taking care of my vehicle. I know it wasn’t what he wanted to do (he wanted to be fishing) but he did it anyway. He’s also working to get healthier which is very important to me. I couldn’t ask for better.
- A good trip home in June. Things are not looking good for my GrandSner. I’m glad that we had a good visit with her in June, and if now is the time, I hope it is merciful and swift. It feels like we have been preparing for this for a really long time and now that it may finally be here, it’s harder than I thought it would be.
- Progress. It feels like I’m beginning to get in the groove and can start checking things off my list.
Those are the major items in my “good things” box this week. What is making your list? What blessings are you counting? For what are you thankful? Let me know in the comments!