Today’s prompt from the Kickin’ It Old Skool Blogathon is an invitation to capture this moment in our lives, using the following questions. So here goes:
- What are you reading?
- Sadly to say, right this moment, I’m not reading a whole lot…other than blogs. Keeping up with y’all takes quite a bit of time 😉 I’ve been working on finishing Tell The Wolves I’m Home for awhile, and when I actually do read it, I love it. I just need to make time for it.
- What are you watching?
- Regularly, Sons of Anarchy and American football. That’s about it. The television is usually on as Sweet Husband has a whole list of things on the DVR, and to be honest, so do I. But I’m not home very often, so it’s difficult for me to get time to watch those programs that I have recorded, like Austin City Limits, The Writers, Well Read.
- What are you listening to?
- Usually if I’m in the car, I have my iPhone plugged in and I’m listening to either Team of Rivals on audio book or our wedding playlist (awwwww) or the songs from the running playlist that I don’t use to run to anymore (hmmmmm).
- What are you loving?
- Sweet Husband. This time of year, even though it is so very, very hectic. My family. My friends. This life I get to live, even though it is difficult.
- What are you wearing?
- Sounds kind of dirty, doesn’t it? Or maybe that’s only me with the mother who used to work as a phone sex operator (things you didn’t know about me). Today I’m wearing a denim jacket because it’s chilly in my classroom, a blue shirt and black pants. Forgot to put on a necklace this morning because it’s Monday after a long holiday break, and to be honest…I was doing good to get out the dang door this morning. I was looking for that meme that goes around about not wanting to go to school but having to because I’m the teacher.
- What are you creating?
- It sure doesn’t feel like I’m creating much other than these scribbles in the ether and a few photos now and again. Every once in awhile I sew something. But in truth, I’m creating this life. It’s pretty fantastic, even when it’s difficult. I keep reminding myself of that when times are rough. This life is so much more than I ever thought it was going to be, ever dreamed it could be.
- What are you looking forward to?
- I’m looking forward to these weekends – drives in the evenings to find the best Christmas displays, snuggles on the couch, sipping bourbon and staring at the Christmas tree, parking next to the bayou and watching the lighted boats parade by (I may or may not try to capture them with my camera. There’s such a tension there because I find when I’m trying to take pictures, I miss the experience. So I may just watch and enjoy it for what it is). My Sner coming to visit (she arrives on the 17th!). Two whole weeks off in just 18 short days.
It’s not too late! Come join us in the Blogathon!