Today’s prompt for the Kickin’ It Old Skool Blogathon is all about color! Something I miss every year as the fall fades away into winter. I think that’s what I hate the most about winter. Not the cold weather – the lack of color. The barrenness – the desolation.
Without further ado, though – the colors!
[ RED ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of red? I think of red lipstick. It took me a long time to find the right shades of red for me to wear, and I still don’t wear them often (mostly because I’m forgetful like that), but I love me some red lipstick. And if you’re curious about those shades? Clinique’s Angel Red and Cider Berry. Perfect for me.
- Closest red thing to you? The cap to a pen. No idea where the pen is. The cap came with the desk 😉
- What is the last thing that made you angry?Whew. I was going to have to say something I didn’t want to and then one of my coworkers came to tell me why one of my students is always so angry and defensive. Pieces of shit parents and pieces of shit society that take advantage of children are pretty low on my list (sorry to get all serious for a minute. Kind of seething at the moment)
- Are you a fan of romance? ALL about the romance. Love me some Sweet Husband; Love me some idea of Love; Love me some grand romantic gesture (see yesterday’s Reverb13 post); Love me some cleaning up the house and taking care of the litter box.
- Do you have a temper?Perhaps just a little bit of one. Maybe. We don’t like to talk about it too much or very often. I work really hard at keeping it under control and not hurting others when it flares up, which means I generally wind up just hurting myself with it. *sigh* (got all serious there again. Sorry ’bout that)
[ GREEN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of green? Plants! I love to garden and I love the greenness that pops up. I think that’s probably why Nevada never truly felt like home to me.
- Closest green thing to you? The “stapler” I bought from the Modern Museum of Art that fuses together up to 4 sheets of paper…and my Hoops and YoYo Fortune Teller 😉
- What’s your favourite green environment? Goodness. I just love to be outside, but I think I’d have to say it’s a toss up between the ocean when it’s that beautiful green-ish turquoise that it sometimes gets and the mountains just after a rain.
- Are you jealous of anyone right now? Oh, probably. Those lucky folks who get to sleep next to their loved ones at night, or those people who have managed to figure out how to live their lives on their terms. I’m not quite their yet. I’m not at the plot-their-demise stage of jealousy. Just the wistful, scruff-your-toe-along-the-ground-and-mutter-“what’s-so-special-about-her” -in-a-moment-of-weakness-stage. Or perhaps those folks who manage to get pregnant at the drop of the hat when we’re coming up on almost 3 years (2 actively) of trying with no luck. Yeah, maybe jealous of those peeps.
- Are you a lucky person? I wouldn’t call it luck. I’d say that I’m pretty intuitive, and listening to that intuition has allowed me to position myself well at various stages of my life.
[ PURPLE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Mardi Gras!
- Closest purple thing to you? Purple Post-it Note
- Do you like being treated like royalty? Let’s just say that I am not opposed when Sweet Husband wants to treat me like a Queen.
- Do you like mysterious things? I do like a good mystery now and then! I’m not very good at solving them – I’m horrible at playing 20 questions. But I do love mysteries. Used to love to read mysteries.
- Are you intuitive? I think I am, which kind of goes against that whole thing in number four about not being very good at solving mysteries. I’m not willing to go so far as to say that I have a sixth sense, but I think I’m pretty good at picking up on clues and I often know that something has happened or is going to happen or when something is going on with someone when there’s only been the very slightest indication of it.
[ BLUE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of blue? Water!!
- Closest blue thing to you? The charging cord for my iPhone.
- Are you good at calming people down? It depends. People come to me in a crisis because I’m a good listener. I’ve been through Cognitive Coaching training and even though I may be panicking inside, I remain remarkably calm on the outside. I have been, at times, referred to as Human Valium.
- What’s your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? I love the Florida Gulf Coast. The water is usually warm and clear and beautiful. I love our Mississippi Gulf Coast too…but the water isn’t pretty.
- What was the last thing that made you cry? I honestly don’t remember, which I suppose is a very good thing. I was close to it this weekend but choked it back. Didn’t need or want to go there. No need for that. I have been know, though, to cry at commercials. Stupid commercials.
- Are you a logical thinker? I try. I do not always succeed.
[ YELLOW ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? Sunflowers!
- Closest yellow thing to you? Box of triscuits that I had for lunch.
- What was one of the happiest times of your life? There really are so many of them. Hmmm. Maybe road trips with Sweet Husband – just the two of us, heading off into wild blue yonder, exploring.
- What’s your favourite holiday? That’s a tough one. I love the Fourth of July and I love Christmas and I love New Years Eve. All of the same reasons – pretty lights. Fireworks and sparkles and brilliance.
- What makes you happy? Naps. Time with Sweet Husband. Snuggles with the Cobbie Doggie. Afternoons on the beach. Mornings writing. New Orleans.
[ PINK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Breast cancer.
- Closest pink thing to you? Pink Post-it notes…& Hoops and Yo-Yo.
- What sweet things do you like? Oreo cookies. Dark chocolate.
- Are you sensitive? Oh gosh yes!
- What is your favourite flower? So hard to choose just one. Wisteria? Azaleas? Sunflowers. Roses?
- Does you have a crush on someone? Sweet Husband. Tommy Flanagan. Sam Heughan.
[ ORANGE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Satsumas!
- Closest orange thing to you? Satsumas!
- Do you dress up for Halloween? Not if I can help it.
- What gives you the warm fuzzies? Cute small animals. Time with friends. Good stories. Surprises.
- What would your superpower be? Healing. I’d like to be able to make people feel better.
[ BROWN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Fall. Water in the Mississippi Sound. Dirt.
- Closest brown thing to you? The top of my desk.
- What is your favourite type of chocolate? Dark chocolate.
- What makes you feel grounded? Writing and meditating, spending time with Sweet Husband.
- Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel? I like natural finishes.
[ WHITE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of white? Snow! Which my Sner is getting pelted with at the moment. Fortunately that doesn’t happen very often in my neck of the woods.
- Closest white thing to you? The paper on my desk.
- Do you always try to keep the peace? Yes. Many times to my detriment.
- Do you like to play in the snow? I used to. But I’ve lived in the South too long and my blood is way too thin to enjoy the snow very much these days.
- Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? Yes to both. I’ve not had good experiences with doctors or dentists and it doesn’t help that right now my insurance is incredibly crappy, which makes me even less inclined to go when I need to.
[ BLACK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of black? Cobbie Doggie! And Blackberry Kitty!
- Closest black thing to you? Hoops and YoYo 😉
- Are you sophisticated or silly? Not sure I’ve ever been called sophisticated, although I think I’ve aspired to it a time or two.
- Do you have a lot of secrets? A few. Although not nearly as many as I used to. It’s too hard to keep them all under wraps.
- What’s the new black? Blue!
Whew! That was a lot!