This month I’m planning to participate in the Write ALM Prompt-a-Day writing/photography/journaling prompts to help keep me on track through-out the month. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’m struggling to get into the swing of things with my creativity, and I’ve decided that one of the things I need to do is just show up – get in the habit. What a better way to get back in the habit than to write every day through a prompt-a-day program?
For February 1, the first prompt is
First Things First
One of the things that I like to do at the beginning of the month is to take stock of where I am and where I want to head. This prompt works nicely to give me an excuse to do that. When I take a look at my Unraveling my 2014 notes, I see that in February, my main goals were to begin preparing for the busyness of spring. There is a lot that’s going to be happening in March and April, and in order for all those things to happen, February must be a time of preparation. To that end, I need to begin working on the following:
- Updating my resume. I’m planning to begin looking for jobs nearer to home and I will need to start the process of readying applications, which means tailoring resumes, beginning to build cover letters (I have a pretty solid idea of the places I will apply), gathering the support materials, contacting my references to let them know that I will once again be calling on their services. Additionally, I’m going to need to identify all those places that I’ll need to begin looking at on a weekly basis to check for openings and setting up alerts so I don’t miss out on possibilities.
- Cleaning up the yard. Sweet Husband has mentioned several times in the last few weeks that he’s about ready to get out into the yard and do some work. I’ve been feeling the urge to rake up the leaves that are out there and add them to the compost bin. It’s also time for us to begin the work of prepping our raised beds so we can get our garden out on time this year.
- Cleaning out the house. If I don’t wind up with a job closer to home, we’ll be moving this summer. It’s time for me to go through things again and get rid of those things that are no longer useful.
- Re-establishing my healthy habits. My most recent doctor visit was fairly positive. The bloodwork has come back decent. But if I am to reach the goals that I want, then it’s time for me to get serious. I’ve finally figured out where I can make some changes to my routine so I can get back to a morning writing routine. I’ve got a few other plans that I’m beginning to outline and am ready to begin putting into play.
- Complete the Desire Map and my new Mondo Beyondo list
Those are the big over-arching themes for the month. There are, of course, smaller things that are embedded within those bigger pieces.
- Write every day
- Take at least 28 photos this month
- Don’t forget Valentine’s Day (I might have almost screwed that one up last year)
- Read two books during the month
- Finish two sewing projects (living room drapes & cover for porch daybed – maybe)
- Begin learning my photo editing program (since I’m paying for it)
- Be present for Sweet Husband
- Get the guest bedroom functional and finished
February is a tiny month, and it seems like there’s a lot to be done. I’m finally beginning to feel like there’s possibility, though, and I’m ready to meet the challenges of the new year and all it has to offer.
What are your goals for this month? What are you putting first in the month of February?