Last weekend, Sweet Husband asked me how much I was spending on him for Christmas. I have in mind what he’s getting, so I told him a dollar amount (I might or might not have low-balled it because right now, what I want to get him is spendy. But there’s plenty of time for Holiday Sales so who knows where it winds up). He then started talking about various things that he was thinking about getting me. What he was talking about sounded good to me, and then he asked to make a list for him. And just this week, his mom asked for a list too. And I’m participating in the Fat Mum Slim gift exchange.
So a list seems like a good idea, which is not to say that I wouldn’t be happy with whatever wound up under the tree from Santa. I think I love getting gifts and seeing what people are thinking about. It doesn’t have to be fancy or extravagant.
Without further ado…the Christmas Wish List (with some categories):
In the personal/health/beauty category:
- A Clarisonic. Pricey, I know. I have KP, and it can get pretty bad on my cheeks. I had an Oil of Olay version, but it died a month or so ago. While I would be happy with another of the same one that I had, I wouldn’t turn down an incredible upgrade.
- A toiletry bag. Something like this. Right now, when I head to Granny’s every week, all of my various potions and lotions and whatnots travel in a gallon ziplock baggie. Which is functional, but. A toiletry bag would be imminently helpful.
- To go along with that last one, good luggage. I’m dragging my clothes back and forth to Hattiesburg in a beat-up old duffel bag. I’m not going to link to a specific kind or style of luggage here because often, our local salvage places have luggage stocks in. So. Folks might want to keep their eyes open there.
- Necklaces. I’m a sucker for chunky, funky statement pieces. I’m lusting after some Betsy Johnson Jewels of the Sea necklaces, but those are pricey. There are tons of other awesome necklaces out there that I haven’t even seen that I’m sure I would love.
- New journals. I’m fairly picky about these in that I only want ones that are unlined. I’m generally attracted to Moleskine journals because they are so readily available, but whatever is good. As long as it’s unlined. The last time we wandered through the French Market, there was a leather journal vendor that we stopped at. She gave us her card because they’re online, but of course, I can’t remember the name of the place nor can I find the card.
- A Lamy Safari fountain pen.
- A camera bag or a camera bag insert. My big girl camera came with a bag, but it looks like a camera bag. And I’d like something a little more stylish, a little more functional (like I could carry it as a messenger bag).
- A subscription to Adobe. I qualify for the education discount, and I think this is definitely the next step for me – getting into post processing.
- A subscription to Headspace.
For the home:
- A K-Cup reusable filter. I caved and bought a Keurig because I needed to be able to make coffee quickly in the mornings. I don’t mind using the KCups that you buy at the store, but they do get expensive. I have an incredible coffee grinder, and I can get great coffee at Costco at a great price. It would be so much cheaper for me to use this filter and have the regular KCups as a treat now and again.
- Some new pots for plants. I don’t intend – right now – to add any plants to the front porch. or the back porch either for that matter, but I do need to repot a few plants into larger containers. And I could use some of those.
- Material for curtains in the bedroom.
- A good beach umbrella. The ones we’ve picked up over the last couple of summers have been pretty crappy. I want one that we aren’t going to be replacing each year. One that tilts.
- Outdoor pillows for the daybed and the swing and the chairs.
- A horizontal guitar wall mount. We still haven’t gotten our wedding guitar on the wall, and I’d really like to take care of that.
- New bath sheets. The ones we bought for Sweet Husband have lasted well (although I have no idea where the black ones went, and apparently neither does he), but the ones we bought for me are falling apart. So. It’s time for some new ones. These are well-reviewed and the price is right.
For the Jeep:
- New stereo with USB and auxillary ports.
Beyond things, though, what I’d really like is time. I’d like an afternoon in New Orleans with Sweet Husband. A girls night with all the women that I miss in my life. A road trip with friends. A night spent camping on the beach. Friends gathered around bonfires. Mornings spent in rocking chairs with coffee and conversations.
I think that should give Sweet Husband a few things to work with. 😉 I know, though, that I have to be careful in telling him what I want because he wants to give me everything I say would be nice. He’s sweet that way 😉